What’s new in
Luna Modeler versions 7.5 & 7.4
This page was updated on December 4th
Windows Authentication for SQL Server
You can use a Windows authentication connection method to load an existing SQL Server database structure.
Note: This feature is available in Luna Modeler for Windows.
SQL Server authentication is available in all supported versions (Windows, Linux and macOS).
Search and Find
Now you can easily search for objects in the ER diagram. This makes it easy to find the occurrence of a certain column, data type or where an Enum is used etc.
Press CTRL+F to open the search box.
To hide the element, press the ESC key.
Faster and Easier Database Modeling
In this version, you can easily model new relationships by clicking on a column in a parent table and then on a column in a child table. Luna Modeler automatically uses the primary key (or creates an alternate key in the parent table) and maps the relationship to the selected column in the child table.
Lines to Columns
You can link any object with a line to a column in a table. You can create a line to different objects (Text, Note or e.g. Function, Procedure) or a line leading from one column to another. As a result, you can easily display additional information that relates to the column, not just the entire table.
Script Blocks Supported in Notes
In Notes, you can select a block of text and turn it into a script block. The advantage is the possibility of working with indentation, different display, etc. For example, you can display the code of a certain object, e.g. a function, or data stored in a column of JSON or XML data type, etc.
Color Settings for Individual Line or Relationship
Another improvement is the ability to change the color of single relationship or line. The selected color will be used on all sub-diagrams in your project.
Improved Subject Areas
Subject areas can be moved to new positions in the ER diagram with all content that belongs to the subject area. You can move the subject area by dragging the newly added graphic item in the top left corner of the subject area.
The latest improvements
Improvements & Fixes
- SQL Server – support for INCLUDE statement in indexes
- SQL Server – improved sorting of columns.
- SQL Server – generated report contains Before and After script sections.
- PostgreSQL – optimized loading of objects from PostgreSQL (_types not loaded).
- Fix: Sub-diagrams navigation panel added back to the Professional edition.
- Fix: Width of columns in the index detail section
- Fix: Generation of indexes for SQL Server
- Fix: The size of the Subject Area is preserved after a new relationship is created
- Update: PostgreSQL compression and storage parameters added to column properties
Luna Modeler is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Trial version expires 14 days after installation.