What's new in version 1.7.x BETA
1. Reverse engineering for MariaDB
Create a new database connection. In the current version there is only one possible method for connection settings.
If you don't know the database name, click button Load databases and wait till the drop-down is populated.
Then navigate to the newly created connection and click Connect and reverse engineer existing structure.
A new project is created and all tables are re-arranged automatically.
2. Reverse engineering for MongoDB
Reverse engineering for MongoDB allows you to load an existing MongoDB structure. The feature infers data structure from the database records and visualizes the recognized structure.
Create a new MongoDB connection.
Loaded database structure. See the embeddable documents on right side and a new option to hide/show all the documents at once.
3. Other improvements
- CTRL+Mouse wheel for Zoom-In and Zoom-Out
- Pan mode can be activated by a mouse middle button and dragging
- Improvements in relations and lines creation
- Progress bars for autolayout
- Table descriptions are now generated as comments for MariaDB
- Re-writeable drop-down for database engines for MariaDB
- Bug fix for incorrectly drawn relations in Simple Mode
- Bug fix for move and resize actions
- Bug fixes for MariaDB and MongoDB reverse engineering
- Improvements in object width settings after reverse engineering
4. Important info
- Database passwords are stored in a text file and are not encrypted.
Download BETA version
Download the latest beta version from https://www.datensen.com/downloads/MoonModelerBetaSetup1-7-6.zip
We will be grateful for your feedback and suggestions.